Is Covid transmitted through clothing?
In the face of the global pandemic caused by the Covid-19 virus, called coronavirus, it is important that we insist that you comply with all the biosafety regulations issued by the World Health Organization, which are for your protection and that of others .
We know that there are still some questions in the world population about the transmission of Covid-19, among them, it has been relevant: Does the virus spread through clothing? The answer is no. According to studies carried out by microbiologists and specialists in infectious diseases, viral particles do not survive in the fibers of clothing, these studies ensure that when sneezing or coughing the viral drops follow the air currents.
Hence, the World Health Organization in its guidelines against Covid-19 insists that this virus
“It is spread through small liquid particles expelled by an infected person through the mouth, nose, coughing, sneezing, talking, singing or snorting.”
“It can also be contracted when the virus enters through the mouth, nose or eyes, if people are in direct or close contact (less than 1m away) with an infected person.”
The most vulnerable people to the virus are those with pre-existing diseases or with a weak immune system, the elderly can also be victims of infection. However, everyone should be vigilant and not underestimate this pandemic virus.
- Constantly use the mask, this biosafety resource prevents you from inhaling viral particles from someone who may be infected and who is relatively close to you.
- Avoid physical contact when greeting. Viruses are also spread by shaking hands with each other and then touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or with a hydroalcoholic gel when you get home or after touching surfaces such as keyboards, handles, handrails, desks. It is important that you assume this indication, because if you have handled an infected surface you run the risk of feeling your face and transporting the virus to your eyes, nose, mouth and, from there, infecting your body.
- When coughing or sneezing, cover your mouth and nose with a bent elbow or a tissue, which should be discarded immediately.
- Avoid meeting in closed spaces, instead choose outdoor spaces, they are safer due to the high air circulation, without forgetting that, at all times, you must keep 1mt. distance between other people.
It is important that you remember that the Covid-19 virus is characterized by having a fatty membrane, which is quickly eradicated by soap. Hence, the insistence on hygiene of your hands and disinfection of objects or surfaces.
May the spread of your good conscience be added to immunization against the spread of Covid-19.
Dressium Mobile App, with you at all times!